(English) Trainee Project Researcher
(English) In our expanding market, we are seeking to appoint a Trainee Project Researcher to produce detailed Unexploded Ordnance Risk Assessments and other desk-top studies, whilst working with the Team to deliver projects in accordance with contracts and budgets.
About our opportunity
Key tasks include:
- Researching, writing and compiling UXO RAs, as well as Site Specific Safety Instructions (SSSIs)
- Proofing and commenting on UXO RAs and other desktop studies written by other researchers
- Conducting additional, ad-hoc research for internal purposes
- Maintaining, updating and improving Desktop Report Database and Map
- Maintaining, updating and improving Historical Database
- Maintaining and updating archival records, including periodic visits to national and local archives for additional historical information.
- Raising invoices for all research reports
- Ensure that issues affecting report delivery are brought to the attention of management
- Client liaison to ensure that their requirements for the report and scope are understood and met
- Effective delivery of good quality consistent reports in line with company and industry guidelines including CIRIA C681
- Support delivery of special projects when required
- Liaison with Operations and Project Managers on live projects for possible follow up work from specific projects
- Improve reporting layouts and methodologies on a continuous basis
It is essential that you have a degree in History / Geography or similar, have excellent report writing skills, can display analytical, research and attention to detail abilities, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, are able to work with a high level of accuracy, have good MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), are able to prioritise effectively, have the ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure and be highly flexible, adaptable and a strong team-player.
It will be beneficial if you have an awareness of GIS and Cartography, but not essential.
Role Trainee Project Researcher
Hours Full time 37.5 hours per week
Benefits 25days holiday + bank holidays; hybrid working, continuous training and development; discretionary bonus scheme; medical cash back plan; death in service scheme; financial wellbeing, family friendly and health and wellbeing policies; work life balance company culture; mental health first aiders and many more.
We are SafeLane Global who is trusted to create safer spaces for clients and communities across the world. We detect, identify and mitigate potential threats on land and in water, and provide training and consultancy services to support the activities of governments, corporations and multinational organisations worldwide. Wherever we go, we breathe new life into unsafe environments, and positively transform communities and the lives of those living and working within them.
If you feel like joining an innovative, fast paced and dedicated team who are making a difference, send us your up-to-date CV to email@example.com, we would love to hear from you.
We are committed to equal opportunities for all staff. Applications are encouraged regardless of age, sex, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Wenn Sie mehr erfahren möchten, senden Sie Ihre Bewerbung (Lebenslauf und entsprechende Zertifikate) bitte an firstname.lastname@example.org