Group Accountant (part qualified)
We are recruiting a group accountant (perhaps part qualified) and (definitely!) keen to work for a company that saves lives every day - all whilst working in a friendly and fun environment. The right applicant will be responsible for the management of group finance reporting and analysis, including consolidated financial results, cash flow management, treasury functions, and group insurance requirements.
This essential accounting role will be based out of our Gillingham, Kent location – but you will be responsible for supporting the entire SafeLane group of companies’ accounting functions.
Key aspects of your new role will include:
- Maintaining accounting records and subsequent production of monthly management accounts for all non-trading holding companies within the group, in line with group financial reporting.
- Monthly consolidation of financial results for all group entities into group management accounts for reporting to CFO, CEO & board, along with all necessary analysis and commentary.
- Group treasury and cashflow management, including consolidation and analysis of group cashflow forecasting, liaising with group entities and banking partners, and management of group currency requirements.
- Management of all intergroup/inter-company balances including reconciliation and investigation of amounts.
- Management of annual group budget process, including consolidation and analysis across the group and development/improvement of budgetary procedure.
- Management of the group’s insurance requirements, including liaising with group entities and insurance brokers for renewal, quarterly updates throughout the year, and overall responsibility of ensuring adequate coverage.
- Maintenance of group bank account listings and information.
- Year-end audit assistance and production of required statutory reporting.
- Updating and aligning finance policies across the group
Now let’s focus on you…
You will have…
- A good technical accounting background
- Working knowledge of UK GAAP
- An ability to prioritise effectively, efficiently and deliver to tight deadlines
- A strong understanding of IT systems and high level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Great communication skills enabling you to effectively work across multiple finance teams and business areas
- A part-accountant qualification (CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent)
- The ability to present on and analyse key financial matters
Ideally, you will also be able to feature the following within your CV:
- Experience of group consolidation of financial matters
- Maintenance and renewal of insurance policies
- Working with banking partners, understanding banking facilities
- Working in multiple currencies
This is a permanent, full time role (37.5hours per week) working from our offices in Gillingham in Kent.
We believe our salary and benefits packages are competitive and attractive – contact us to learn more.
Benefits in brief: 25days’ holiday + bank holidays; hybrid working, continuous training and development; discretionary bonus scheme; medical cash back plan; death in service scheme; financial wellbeing scheme; family friendly and health and wellbeing policies; work life balance company culture; mental health first aiders and many more.
So – who IS SafeLane Global?
SafeLane Global is trusted to create safer spaces for clients and communities across the world. Our expert staff detect, identify and mitigate potential threats on land and in water, and provide training and consultancy services to support the activities of governments, corporations and multinational organisations worldwide. Wherever we go, we breathe new life into unsafe environments, and positively transform communities and the lives of those living and working within them.
Internationally we work in current and former conflict zones to get rid of the explosive risk left behind – this could mean clearing landmines, disposing of improvised explosive devices, using dogs to find bombs or educating entire communities about the risks around them.
In the UK and Germany we’re focused on the detection and removal of legacy World War ordnance. All in all, we’re a pretty cool company and we attract the best talent.
If you want to know more – get all over the website!
So, do you feel like joining an innovative, fast paced and dedicated team who are making a difference?
Send us your up-to-date CV to email@example.com, we would love to hear from you.
We are committed to equal opportunities for all staff. Applications are encouraged regardless of age, sex, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
If you would like to learn more then please send your application (CV and relevant certificates) to us at firstname.lastname@example.org