Business Analyst (IT Department)
SafeLane Global has an exciting opportunity available! Choose to work in either our Ross-on-Wye (Herefordshire) office or our Gillingham (Kent) office as a Business Analyst! Learn more below! Could you be our ideal candidate?
About our opportunity
SafeLane Global is seeking to recruit a Business Analyst for its IT Department in Ross-on-Wye or Gillingham. This can be either a 12 month Fixed Term Contract or a permanent role (Ross-on-Wye only). You will be responsible (and the main contact for) for a variety of transformation program projects!
Your key tasks include…
- Leading small to medium scale projects within a variety of transformation programs following a series of recent mergers and acquisitions.
- Performing scoping tasks on our current systems and working with internal / external stakeholders to create amazing integration plans!
- Working with business units to identify how their existing applications and processes can be leveraged to better increase productivity.
- Identifying new business software solutions that could revolutionise the way we work.
- Leading on application updates through a test and production environment (with required support from 3rd party providers and key business users as required).
- Developing strong customer relationships.
- Delivering all projects on time, within budget and in accordance with agreed scopes.
- Creating and maintaining service/project documentation.
- Supporting the creation of service mapping.
- Being a point of escalation within the business for application related issues and working with 3rd party support providers to ensure any issues are resolved.
- Managing 3rd party support providers effectively to ensure application availability and readiness is always maintained.
- Developing and documenting all application-related processes and procedures.
Here’s a little information about our ideal candidate..!
It’s essential that you have knowledge of CRM and ERP systems, display excellent communication (written and verbal) skills; are able to work independently in a demanding environment, and have good time management and prioritisation abilities. You should have the ability to maintain operating models and highlight the impact on the business. Additionally, you should have excellent analytical skills. It’s also essential that you have recent business analyst / transformation experience as well as project management, service management, and stakeholder management experience.
It would be beneficial if you have experience / knowledge of database technologies such as SQL, PostgreSQL, etc. and Microsoft365, Salesforce, Access Dimension and/or Sage 200 with geotechnical software (but this is not essential). Ideally, you should have project management certification.
Role Business Analyst
Location Ross-on-Wye or Gillingham
Duration 12 month FTC or Permanent
Hours Full time (37.5)
Benefits Hybrid working, 25days holiday + bank holidays; continuous training and development; discretionary bonus scheme; medical cash back plan; death in service scheme; financial wellbeing scheme; family friendly and health and wellbeing policies; work life balance company culture; mental health first aiders and many more.
About us (your future employer!)
SafeLane Global has been making the world a safer place for over 30 years. We save lives every day! We detect, identify and mitigate potential threats on land and in water, and provide training and consultancy services to support the activities of governments, corporations and multinational organisations worldwide. Wherever we go, we breathe new life into unsafe environments, and positively transform communities and the lives of those living and working within them.
If you feel like joining an innovative, fast paced and dedicated team who are making a difference, send us your up-to-date CV to email@example.com, we would love to hear from you.
We are trialling a hybrid working approach which enables employees to work three days in the office and two days remotely. All offices are equipped with appropriate hand sanitiser, cleaning materials and further safety measures.
We are committed to equal opportunities for all staff. Applications are encouraged regardless of age, sex, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
If you would like to learn more then please send your application (CV and relevant certificates) to us at firstname.lastname@example.org