Electrician / Pump Engineer
SafeLane Global is seeking to recruit an Electrician / Pump Engineer in three locations: Glasgow, Hereford / Powys, and Newcastle. Read more and apply below.
About our opportunity
In our expanding market, we are seeking to appoint an Installation Electrician /Pump Engineer to design, develop and maintain electrical control systems and components to required specifications, and plan, install and maintain electrical wiring systems.
This role will require you to work outdoors in all weathers and away from home. There may be a requirement to work weekends and nights, occasionally.
Key tasks include:
- Diagnose and repair electrical problems in commercial and domestic borehole systems, including fault-finding, rewiring, and monitoring.
- Undertake borehole pump testing including mechanical and electrical connections and testing.
- Install borehole pumping and control systems on newly installed Domestic and Commercial borehole water supplies.
- Conduct routine maintenance and testing on commercial and domestic borehole systems, and ensure installations are to manufacturer standards.
- Rewire faulty electrical systems on water pumping systems including water treatment.
- Work alone to find and present faults and concerns in borehole electrical systems without receiving explicit direction.
- Install electrical systems to 18th edition wiring regulations, including installing borehole pump power supplies from new and existing power supplies.
- Provide professional assessments and advice for customers.
- Reactive and Planned Preventative Maintenance
- Ensure smooth running of day-to-day operations while compliant with statutory regulations, CDM regulations and good practice through the monitoring of standards and maintaining of records.
- Provide weekend cover on a rolling rota as required.
It is essential that you have a relevant Electrical/Engineering apprenticeship or HNC equivalent; your 18th Edition BS7671certification; no less than 2 years practical electrical experience; an awareness of H&S regulations, strong communication skills, are flexible, proactive, and adaptable to meet unexpected demands with tight time constraints and a full driver licence (travel is a requirement).
It will be beneficial if you have plant and specialist equipment knowledge, but not essential.
Role Installation Electrician /Pump Engineer
Location Glasgow / Powys or Hereford / Newcastle
Hours Full time 45 hours per week
Salary competitive + overtime
Benefits 25days holiday + bank holidays; continuous training and development; discretionary bonus scheme; medical cash back plan; death in service scheme; family friendly and health and wellbeing policies; work life balance company culture; mental health first aiders and many more.
WD+AD Morgan are one of the UK’s leading, independent providers of commercial and domestic drilling services. We provide the technical data and information required to design, drill, construct and maintain large water supply wells, reliable and efficient manner.
We are part of SafeLane Global who is trusted to create safer spaces for clients and communities across the world. We detect, identify and mitigate potential threats on land and in water, and provide training and consultancy services to support the activities of governments, corporations and multinational organisations worldwide. Wherever we go, we breathe new life into unsafe environments, and positively transform communities and the lives of those living and working within them.
If you feel like joining an innovative, fast paced and dedicated team who are making a difference, send us your up-to-date CV to email@example.com, we would love to hear from you.
Hand sanitiser and PPE is provided and social distancing is maintained wherever possible.
We are committed to equal opportunities for all staff. Applications are encouraged regardless of age, sex, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
If you would like to learn more then please send your application (CV and relevant certificates) to us at firstname.lastname@example.org