Explosive detection dog trainer
SafeLane is currently recruiting for an explosive detection dog (EDD) trainer to deploy on one of its international projects.
As a company SafeLane is responsible for detecting, identifying and mitigating potential threats within both the mine canine and mine action industry.
SafeLane works to support the activities of governments, corporations and multinational organisations worldwide.
SafeLane has vast experience running canine projects involving patrol, explosive and narcotic detection dogs (EDD/NDD) at various locations in support of a variety of clients.
It frequently recruits for canine professionals to support international canine operations, and its manpower team would be delighted to hear if you would like to learn more…
Explosive Detection Dog (EDD) Trainer:
SafeLane is currently recruiting for an EDD trainer to deploy on one of its international projects.
As an EDD trainer, you will be responsible for the training of SafeLane’s explosive detection dogs and handlers.
By providing key EDD training, you will be in charge of ensuring that handlers and their canines pass accreditation and are able to perform EDD duties safely and in accordance with standard operating procedures. You will report directly to the project manager regarding any operational or personnel issues.
Other duties will include:
- Providing EDD technical advice and guidance to field staff.
- Providing EDD training to maintain and developing EDD performance.
- Ensuring all training activities are regularly monitored and evaluated.
- Ensure the implementation of effective dog training programs in line with SafeLane standard operating procedures.
- Ensuring staff are carrying out EDD and other duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Accurate and detailed reporting of all training to the project manager.
- Ensure all handlers complete on a daily basis a physical check of each EDD and maintain a high standard of healthcare.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- EDD certified.
- Experience in conducting EDD training with both dogs and handlers.
- Leadership experience.
If you would like to learn more then please send your application (CV and relevant certificates) to us at firstname.lastname@example.org