SafeLane's finance team at head office in Ross-on-Wye is recruiting for a finance apprentice.
1. Purchase ledger:
- Verification, coding and processing of all supplier invoices.
- Verification of supplier bank account details.
- Reconciliation of Supplier statements.
- Reconciliation of the purchase ledger.
- Processing supplier statements and dealing with invoicing queries.
2. Sales ledger:
- Raise Sales Ledger invoices and credit notes manually and electronically.
- Sales Ledger reconciliations.
3. Cash books:
- Posting daily bank and cash book transactions.
- Month end bank reconciliations.
4. Management accounts:
- Posting journals.
- Analysing overhead expenditure.
- Assist with the fixed asset register.
- Assist with month end contractor payroll.
5. General duties:
- Maintenance of physical and electronic filing.
- General office administrative duties, to include scanning, photocopying and filing as and when required.
- Any other tasks, as directed by your line manager.
Excellent numerical skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
Ability to work to strict deadlines and prioritise accordingly.
Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively within a team.
Excellent IT literacy.
Previous work experience in an administrative/accounting environment.
Minimum 3 A Levels or equivalent.
Active desire to study for an accounting qualification.
If you would like to learn more then please send your application (CV and relevant certificates) to us at firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com