We're seeking to appoint an HSEQ Officer to provide support in ensuring safe practice, quality, environmental and transport compliance for the SafeLane Group.
About our opportunity
In our expanding market, we are seeking to appoint a Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Officer (HSEQ Officer) to provide support in ensuring safe practice, quality, environmental and transport compliance for the SafeLane Group.
You will assist with Quality, Environmental and Safety management by:
- preparing internal and external audits,
- producing reports and implementing follow up actions;
- developing policies, processes, procedures and handbooks;
- maintaining accreditations, SSIP and certifications such as; Achilles, CHAS, Constructionline, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, FORS;
- developing and maintaining PQQ’s, Tenders and customer requests;
- updating and improving risk assessments, COSHH Assessments and safe working practices;
- providing project RAMS and the operational teams with required paperwork including; Construction Phase Plans, Quality Plans, Environmental Plans;
- updating and improving documentation including forms, templates and toolbox talks;
- investigating incidents, near misses, non-conformances and theft,
- determine root cause and assist with follow up actions;
- maintain accurate and up to date information and documentation;
- undertaking on-site audits;
- ensuring the fleet are compliant;
- Fire Safety Management;
- identifying hazards and determining ways to reduce the risk;
- travel to other company locations when required
You will have previous experience in safety, quality and writing policies, show professionalism and efficiency whilst ensuring compliance with current legislation, regulatory requirements and the company’s Integrated Management Systems.
It is essential that you hold a full drivers license as travel is required, can demonstrate your Health and Safety at Work Act knowledge, show attention to detail and are able to work within a high pressured environment.
It is preferred that you hold a NEBOSH or IOSH certificate in training, have an awareness of FORS or transport and ISO 45001 9001, 14001, but it is not essential.
Role: HSEQ Officer
Hours: Full time 37.5
Benefits: 25 days’ holiday + bank holidays; continuous training and development; discretionary bonus scheme; medical cash back plan; death in service scheme; family friendly and health and wellbeing policies; work life balance company culture; mental health first aiders and many more.
We are part of SafeLane Global who is trusted to create safer spaces for clients and communities across the world. We detect, identify and mitigate potential threats on land and in water, and provide training and consultancy services to support the activities of governments, corporations and multinational organisations worldwide. Wherever we go, we breathe new life into unsafe environments, and positively transform communities and the lives of those living and working within them.
We are trialing a hybrid working approach which enables employees to work three days in the office and two days remotely. All offices are equipped with appropriate hand sanitiser, cleaning materials and other necessary safety measures.
We are committed to equal opportunities for all staff. Applications are encouraged regardless of age, sex, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
If you would like to learn more then please send your application (CV and relevant certificates) to us at email@example.com