IT Support Engineer
We are seeking to appoint an IT Support Engineer to assist in the installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of systems and drive improvements of the central IT function across the company.
SafeLane Global is trusted to create safer spaces for clients and communities across the world. We detect, identify and mitigate potential threats on land and in water, and provide training and consultancy services to support the activities of governments, corporations and multinational organisations worldwide. Wherever we go, we breathe new life into unsafe environments, and positively transform communities and the lives of those living and working within them.
Role IT Support Engineer
Duration Full-time permanent
Hours 37.5 hours per week
Benefits Competitive remuneration, continuous development, 6months probationary period, auto enrolment pension scheme, discretionary bonus scheme, medical cash back plan and Life Insurance scheme
About our opportunity
In our expanding market, we are seeking to appoint an IT Support Engineer to assist in the installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of systems and provide an existing opportunity to drive improvements of the central IT function across the company.
A summary of duties includes:
- be the main point of contact for IT related queries
- interact with colleagues across the business, including our field-based partners
- support the IT service to a truly central function to the business and co-ordinate seamless system and network operations across the business
- efficient resolution of day-to-day queries
- provide excellent support to all areas of business and proactively maintain and improve existing network and systems
- configure, install, and maintain end-user software and hardware
- responsible for support and management of the mobile devices in use by the business
- preventative maintenance, including checking of workstations, printers, and peripherals
- document procedures relating to desktop configurations and IT processes
- maintain our centrally managed antivirus software and act on any notifications in a timely manner, and our centrally managed patch management system
- handle confidential information with the utmost integrity
- maintain and monitor our backup systems
- Visit our offices across the UK, providing IT support
It is essential that you have a proven track record and demonstrable experience in IT support, ideally gained within a fast growing, medium sized business (although larger corporate experience would also be beneficial).
The role would suit an individual who thrives in fast paced environments. A highly productive, positive, and energetic individual: a calm problem solver who is patient, flexible, naturally organised and an excellent communicator. Good personal skills essential with grit to not shy away from a demanding customer base.
Essential criteria include:
- Good overall knowledge of Windows client and server based operating systems and Office 365 and Microsoft Exchange Online
- At least two years of experience working in an IT support environment
- Good understanding of CRM; Financial software solutions and basic networking principles
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work with independently in a demanding environment
- Good time management and prioritisation skills
- The ability to document procedures clearly and systematically
- The ability to communicate effectively with members of staff at all levels and excellent verbal and written skills.
A full driver licence is necessary due to travel to our offices UK wide.
It is preferred that you have experience supporting Salesforce; Access Dimensions and FocalPoint; supporting Intune or similar MDM solutions; managing databases such as MS SQL and Postgresql and managing IT Projects, but not essential.
If you feel like joining an innovative, fast paced and dedicated team who are making a difference, send us your up-to-date CV, we would love to hear from you.
We are committed to equal opportunities for all staff. Applications are encouraged regardless of age, sex, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
If you would like to learn more then please send your application (CV and relevant certificates) to us at email@example.com