We are recruiting a Lead Driller to carry out rotary and geotechnical drilling for investigatory purposes, to help reduce the risks associated with unexploded ordnance (UXO).
About the Lead Driller opportunity
In our expanding market, we are seeking to appoint an experienced Lead Driller to carry out rotary and geotechnical drilling for investigatory purposes, to help reduce the risks associated with unexploded bombs and other ordnance, in the safest manner.
This opportunity will involve working throughout the UK, across a variety of sites, locations and industries.
You will be expected to work independently, demonstrating leadership and taking a key role in the development of assistant drillers/second-men, and health and safety best practise.
Role: Lead Driller
Location: South East England
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week
Benefits: 25days holiday + bank holidays, continuous development, 6months probationary period, auto-enrolment pension scheme, discretionary bonus scheme, medical cash back plan and Death in Service scheme.
Your duties will include:
- Carrying out all drilling works on-site, employing techniques as required. This may include intrusive survey works, ground/site investigation employing open hole and cased methodologies using air and water flush systems etc.
- Carrying out all drilling works in accordance with company and Health, Safety and Environmental standards.
- Conducting magnetic surveys via laptop and forwarding the data to operations, daily.
- Ensuring equipment intended for the works can access work areas and fulfil the project requirement etc.
- Carrying out maintenance checks of rigs and equipment and reporting defects prior to works commencing and carrying out close down inspections, as required.
- Ensuring the upkeep, maintenance, and records of all company vehicles and equipment in your charge.
- Completing and returning paperwork to the office in a timely and efficient manner.
- At least 2 years’ experience within a drilling role.
- NVQ Level 2 in Land Drilling.
- A full driving licence (Category B).
- Valid CSCS Card.
- Ability to stay away from home Monday-Friday. Accommodation, travel and food allowance will be provided.
About SafeLane Global
SafeLane Global is trusted to create safer spaces for clients and communities across the world. We detect, identify and mitigate potential threats on land and in water, and provide training and consultancy services to support the activities of governments, corporations and multinational organisations worldwide.
Wherever we go, we breathe new life into unsafe environments, and positively transform communities and the lives of those living and working within them.
If you feel like joining an innovative, fast paced and dedicated team who are making a difference, send us your up-to-date CV to email@example.com, we would love to hear from you.
Hand sanitiser and PPE is provided and social distancing is maintained wherever possible.
We are committed to equal opportunities for all staff. Applications are encouraged regardless of age, sex, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
If you would like to learn more then please send your application (CV and relevant certificates) to us at firstname.lastname@example.org