Management Accountant (Part Qualified)
In our expanding market, we are seeking to appoint a Management Accountant (Part Qualified) who will be responsible for the financial aspects of project control, working in conjunction with Operations Managers, Project Executives and on-site Project Teams.
This role will be based out of our Ross-on-Wye location.
Key tasks include:
- Providing Financial Support as part of a team in the creation of Project Bids; confirming financial accuracy, adherence to local taxation and banking controls, providing Financial scenarios, completing a range of simple to complex pricing tables
- Execution of Project Financial Controls on Cash Management and Expenditure.
- Support for the completion of the monthly funding cycle including reconciliation of field floats and communication to overseas bank accounts.
- Monthly Management Accounts for the individual projects.
- Ad hoc analysis of Project Scenarios.
- Reconciliation of Key Balance Sheet accounts including Project Assets.
- Ensuring the completion of the monthly contractors payroll
- Preparation of the year end and support for the audit process in reference to project data.
- Creating and assisting with Project forecasting and planning.
- Continuous Development and improvements on the financial processes.
- Ownership of Project Portfolio, including the budgets and forecasts.
- Ensuring projects have access to cash with the relevant approval process.
- Reporting of Project Performance including Actual and Forecast vs Budget.
- Creation of Control Spreadsheets and reconciliations to support Operations Project Analysis.
- Monthly and Annual reporting to include year end and audit support.
You will be part qualified (CIMA or ACCA at least stage 2).
It is essential that you are knowledgeable in the creation of Management accounts from prime records, cashbooks, receipts, etc; accounting for all areas of P&L and Balance sheet including taxation, direct and indirect; reporting on Variance analysis; display strong Excel skills (daily use including vlookups & pivot tables), strong interpersonal skills and are able to work as a team and independently.
Your experience will include preparing accounts from prime records, project accounting, including long term contract accounting and the creation of Project bid costings and pricing scenarios.
It will be beneficial that you have commercial awareness when preparing bids and experience in operation of oversea banks and administration, but not essential.
Role Management Accountant (Part Qualified)
Hours Full time 37.5 hours per week
Benefits 25days holiday + bank holidays; continuous training and development; discretionary bonus scheme; medical cash back plan; death in service scheme; family friendly and health and wellbeing policies; work life balance company culture; mental health first aiders and many more.
We are SafeLane Global who is trusted to create safer spaces for clients and communities across the world. We detect, identify and mitigate potential threats on land and in water, and provide training and consultancy services to support the activities of governments, corporations and multinational organisations worldwide. Wherever we go, we breathe new life into unsafe environments, and positively transform communities and the lives of those living and working within them.
If you feel like joining an innovative, fast paced and dedicated team who are making a difference, send us your up-to-date CV to email@example.com, we would love to hear from you.
Hybrid working approach which enables employees to work three days in the office and two days remotely. All offices are equipped with appropriate hand sanitiser, cleaning materials and further safety measures.
We are committed to equal opportunities for all staff. Applications are encouraged regardless of age, sex, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
If you would like to learn more then please send your application (CV and relevant certificates) to us at firstname.lastname@example.org