Management Accountant (Part Qualified)
In our expanding market, we are seeking to appoint a Management Accountant (part qualified) to be responsible for all financial aspects of management reporting and project control, working in conjunction with operational managers, project staff and other members of the finance team to ensure reliable & accurate financial reporting.
About our opportunity
This role will be based out of our Gillingham location. There will be a requirement for you to travel to other locations UK wide on an adhoc basis.
Key tasks include:
- Assisting the Financial Controller to fulfil the needs and obligations of the business.
- Preparation of the monthly Management Accounts to strict deadlines, including supporting analysis and investigation into variances, as well as consolidation into Head Office reporting pack.
- Reconciliation of key Balance Sheet accounts.
- Liaising with operational staff to maintain up to date sales forecasts and margin analysis.
- Reporting of project performance including Actual and Forecast vs Budget, with ongoing analysis of the progress of key projects, variance analysis, forecasting, and planning.
- Creation, maintenance and evolution of control spreadsheets and reconciliations to support operational project analysis.
- Preparation of business cases to support exceptional expenditure (e.g. CAPEX)
- Work closely with department leaders to produce an annual budget and monitor throughout the year to highlight variances.
- Prepare and maintain accurate cashflow forecasting.
- Preparation of reconciliations and schedules at the year end in preparation for the audit process.
- Monthly and Annual reporting to include year end and audit support.
- Providing Financial Support as part of a team in the creation of project bids and tenders, including the production of project budgets and forecasts, confirming financial accuracy, production of project cashflow forecasting, adherence to local taxation and regulatory matters, where necessary, and providing financial scenario planning.
- Continuous development and improvements on the financial processes in order to support all above activities.
This role would suit someone who is highly organised with the ability to hit the ground running within a high-pressured environment.
Essential knowledge and experience
- Creation of Management accounts from prime records, cashbooks, receipts, etc.
- Accounting for all areas of P&L and Balance sheet including taxation, direct and indirect
- Experience preparing accounts from prime records
- Management Accounting function
- Numerate with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to explain financial information to non-financial stakeholders
- Strong Excel skills, including ability to analyse and present data effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills with all levels
- Working as a team and independently
- Part – Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
- Commercial awareness and focus
- Variance analysis
Role Management Accountant (part qualified)
Hours Full time 37.5
Salary Competitive (depending on skill, knowledge and experience), + study package
Benefits 25days holiday + bank holidays; continuous training and development; discretionary bonus scheme; medical cash back plan; death in service scheme; financial wellbeing scheme; family friendly and health and wellbeing policies; work life balance company culture; mental health first aiders and many more.
We are SafeLane Global who is trusted to create safer spaces for clients and communities across the world. We detect, identify and mitigate potential threats on land and in water, and provide training and consultancy services to support the activities of governments, corporations and multinational organisations worldwide. Wherever we go, we breathe new life into unsafe environments, and positively transform communities and the lives of those living and working within them.
If you feel like joining an innovative, fast paced and dedicated team who are making a difference, send us your up-to-date CV to email@example.com, we would love to hear from you.
We are trialling a hybrid working approach which enables employees to work three days in the office and two days remotely. All offices are equipped with appropriate hand sanitiser, cleaning materials and further safety measures.
We are committed to equal opportunities for all staff. Applications are encouraged regardless of age, sex, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
If you would like to learn more then please send your application (CV and relevant certificates) to us at firstname.lastname@example.org