Operations Support Manager (Global)
We are seeking to appoint an Operations Support Manager (Global) to take responsibility for the logistics, sourcing, procurement, purchase and onward shipping to field projects globally, including but not restricted to operational, security and technical arrangements. You will be managing a small team of three.
SafeLane Global is trusted to create safer spaces for clients and communities across the world. We detect, identify and mitigate potential threats on land and in water, and provide training and consultancy services to support the activities of governments, corporations and multinational organisations worldwide. Wherever we go, we breathe new life into unsafe environments, and positively transform communities and the lives of those living and working within them.
Role Operations Support Manager (Global)
Duration Full-time permanent
Hours 37.5 hours per week
Salary Competitive (depending on experience and knowledge)
Benefits Competitive remuneration, continuous development, 6months probationary period, auto enrolment pension scheme, discretionary bonus scheme, medical cash back plan and Death in Service scheme.
About our opportunity
In our expanding market, we are seeking to appoint an Operations Support Manager (Global) to take responsibility for the logistics, sourcing, procurement, purchase and onward shipping to field projects globally, including but not restricted to operational, security and technical arrangements. You will be managing a small team of three.
A summary of duties includes:
- Support all projects during all phases including bid or acquisition, mobilisation, operational and demobilisation
- Assist with creation, control, revision and audit of SOPs and company policies
- Provide logistical, people sourcing, technical, managerial, planning and costing input to bids as required
- Monitor supplier performance and delivery to ensure cost effectiveness and quality are maintained
- Establish and maintain positive, responsive and professional relationships with clients at managerial level
- Support with the selection and briefing of prospective field contractor personnel
- Support with practical assistance when occasionally required, with the compilation of bid equipment lists, current project resupply lists and the ordering, logging, shipping, tracking and delivery of project supplies
- Manage global assets and equipment across all business units and projects
- Technically review and provide periodic Head Office QA assessments
- Reconnoitre and review new site locations when required
- Provide logistical analysis and advice where required
- Attendance at relevant conferences, exhibitions and seminars as required
It is essential that you have experience working within purchasing and procurement, costings and budgets; are able to negotiate with suppliers, have successfully managed a small team; have an awareness of GDPR.
You will be an effective communicator (both written and verbal), be able to work well as part of a team and prioritise your time accordingly; display attention to detail whilst being methodical in your approach to working well under pressure.
Preferred but not essential criteria include experience working within
– an international shipping/freight environment;
– understanding of contracting overseas including rotation cycles, day rates, living conditions;
– exposure to a project environment.
If you feel like joining an innovative, fast paced and dedicated team who are making a difference, send us your up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, we would love to hear from you.
During the coronavirus pandemic, our teams are working remotely from home. There is opportunity to work from the office in exceptional circumstances. As per Government guidance and when it is safe to do so, we shall be returning to work from the office. This role is not a permanent remote working role.
We are committed to equal opportunities for all staff. Applications are encouraged regardless of age, sex, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
If you would like to learn more then please send your application (CV and relevant certificates) to us at email@example.com