Operations Support Executive
In our expanding market, we are seeking to appoint an Operations Support Executive to assist with the sourcing, procurement, purchase and onward shipping of equipment to international field projects
About our opportunity
A summary of duties include:
- Source and procure cost efficient and appropriate equipment to satisfy bid/project requirements
- Receive, log and track all equipment orders
- Provide regular updates to the operations team and field staff on the status of purchases and ensure they are informed of prospective delivery dates
- Prepare cost efficient bid equipment lists for bid submissions
- Maintain positive working relationships with suppliers and shipping agents
- In consultation with project executives, respond to incoming correspondence and queries from field staff as appropriate
- Maintain a current supplier data base to include reliability and cost effectiveness
- Input purchase requests to our bespoke software system
- Monitor and develop options for shipping equipment to project sites
- Research new suppliers and current equipment trends
- Maintain an accurate equipment holdings register, managing returns from field staff
You will be an effective communicator (both written and verbal), be able to work well as part of a team and prioritise your time accordingly; display attention to detail whilst being methodical in your approach to working well under pressure.
It is essential that you have effective literacy, numeracy and IT skills (Microsoft Excel).
Preferred but not essential criteria include experience working within
- an international shipping/freight environment;
- purchasing and procurement;
- logistics and stores experience within the construction or military industry;
- exposure to a project environment.
Role Operations Support Executive
Hours Full time 37.5 hours per week
Salary Competitive remuneration depending on skill, knowledge and experience
Benefits 25days holiday + bank holidays, continuous development, 6months probationary period, auto enrolment pension scheme, discretionary bonus scheme, medical cash back plan, Financial wellbeing scheme and Death in Service scheme
We are part of SafeLane Global who is trusted to create safer spaces for clients and communities across the world. We detect, identify and mitigate potential threats on land and in water, and provide training and consultancy services to support the activities of governments, corporations and multinational organisations worldwide. Wherever we go, we breathe new life into unsafe environments, and positively transform communities and the lives of those living and working within them.
If you feel like joining an innovative, fast paced and dedicated team who are making a difference, send us your up-to-date CV to email@example.com, we would love to hear from you.
During the coronavirus pandemic, our teams are working remotely from home. There is opportunity to work from the office in exceptional circumstances. As per Government guidance and when it is safe to do so, we shall be returning to work from the office. This role is not a permanent remote working role.
We are committed to equal opportunities for all staff. Applications are encouraged regardless of age, sex, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
If you would like to learn more then please send your application (CV and relevant certificates) to us at firstname.lastname@example.org