Operations support executive
SafeLane is looking for an Operations Support Executive to assist with the procurement, purchase and onward shipping of equipment to international field projects.
Key aspects of the role:
- Source and procure cost efficient and appropriate equipment to satisfy bid/project requirements
- Receive, log and track all equipment orders
- Provide regular updates to the operations team and field staff on the status of purchases and ensure they are informed of prospective delivery dates
- Prepare cost efficient bid equipment lists for bid submissions
- Maintain positive working relationships with suppliers and shipping agents
- In consultation with project executives, respond to incoming correspondence and queries from field staff as appropriate
- Maintain a current supplier data base to include reliability and cost effectiveness
- Input purchase requests to our bespoke software system
- Monitor and develop options for shipping equipment to project sites
- Research new suppliers and current equipment trends
- Maintain an accurate equipment holdings register, managing returns from field staff
You will be an effective communicator (both written and verbal) and be able to work well as part of a team and prioritise your time accordingly.
You will display excellent attention to detail whilst being methodical in your approach to working well under pressure.
It is essential that you have effective literacy, numeracy and IT skills and can use Microsoft Excel.
Preferred but non-essential criteria include:
- experience working within an international shipping/freight environment;
- experience of purchasing and procurement;
- logistics and stores experience within the construction or military industry;
- exposure to a project environment.
If you feel like joining an innovative, fast paced team who are making a difference send us your up to date CV, we would love to hear from you.
SafeLane’s expert services span entire project life cycles and are focused on mitigating explosive and hazardous material threats, countering security risks and enhancing land and marine environments globally.
Established in 1989, originally under the brand name MINECLEAR, SafeLane Global was one of the first private companies to be involved in mine action in the international arena.
Whether our clients operate on land or in water, in conflict zones or peaceful nations, for profit or humanitarian purpose, we are their end-to-end solutions provider delivering expert and trustworthy operational, consultancy and training services.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
If you would like to learn more then please send your application (CV and relevant certificates) to us at email@example.com