In our expanding market, we are seeking to appoint a Payroll Administrator to assist in the accurate preparation and processing of payroll for entities within the SafeLane group. Ensuring all processing, reporting and payments are completed within the relevant deadlines and maintaining accurate and reliable payroll records.
About our opportunity
Key tasks include:
- Processing of company payrolls, ensuring accurate calculations of all payments and deductions.
- Checking and processing timesheets for accuracy and completeness.
- Ensuring all relevant payments are made according to set timescales, to both employees and other appropriate entities.
- Payroll reporting to meet internal and statutory obligations.
- Completion of necessary payroll month end reconciliations.
- Processing the company pension schemes according to auto enrolment legislation and ensuring accurate submissions within the deadlines.
- Processing payroll year end reporting according to relevant legislation and within deadlines as set by internal and external (e.g. HMRC) requirements.
- Preparing and issuing all relevant periodic or occasional payroll documentation such as P60’s and P11D’s according to HMRC or other deadlines.
- Keeping up to date with any legislation changes.
- Training staff where necessary in every aspect of payroll.
- Assistance where required to the year end audit process.
- General maintenance of payroll records for completeness and accuracy.
- Ad hoc tasks as directed by the Payroll Coordinator or Financial Controller to support Finance, HR, and/or Operational staff.
It is essential that you have an understanding of payroll processes and legislation as well as knowledge of Calculation of PAYE, NI, Pension auto enrolment, RTI, statutory payments i.e. SSP, SMP, SPP, SAP, redundancy/termination payments. Experience of payroll processing and auto-enrolment pension schemes is a must and it is desirable that you will have a recognised payroll qualification. You must have attention to detail abilities, excellent verbal and written communication skills, are able to work with a high level of accuracy. It is required that you have good MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), are able to prioritise effectively, have the ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure as well as being flexible, adaptable and a strong team-player.
Role Payroll Administrator
Hours Part Time 30 hours per week
Benefits 25days holiday + bank holidays (pro-rata for part time) ; hybrid working, continuous training and development; discretionary bonus scheme; medical cash back plan; death in service scheme; financial wellbeing, family friendly and health and wellbeing policies; work life balance company culture; mental health first aiders and many more.
We are SafeLane Global who is trusted to create safer spaces for clients and communities across the world. We detect, identify and mitigate potential threats on land and in water, and provide training and consultancy services to support the activities of governments, corporations and multinational organisations worldwide. Wherever we go, we breathe new life into unsafe environments, and positively transform communities and the lives of those living and working within them.
If you feel like joining an innovative, fast paced and dedicated team who are making a difference, send us your up-to-date CV to email@example.com, we would love to hear from you.
We are committed to equal opportunities for all staff. Applications are encouraged regardless of age, sex, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
If you would like to learn more then please send your application (CV and relevant certificates) to us at firstname.lastname@example.org