Quality control and health and safety manager
SafeLane Global is seeking a Quality Control and Health and Safety Manager to develop, maintain, and continually improve the quality management system (QMS), standard operating procedures (SOPs) and internal management.
It is essential that the successful candidate ensures compliance and alignment with industry developments.
A summary of responsibilities can be broken down into:
- Quality control system responsibilities
- develop, integrate, coordinate, and maintain the internal management system (IMS) and all relevant procedures
- ensure the maintenance of SOPs
- manage the preparation and completion of internal and external quality audits
- brief senior management on significant developments on quality assurance/quality control activities or events, the implications for the business, and proposed actions
- provide oversight on customer complaints to senior management
- Health, safety and environment responsibilities
- develop, integrate, coordinate and maintain the IMS system and procedures
- manage the preparation and completion of internal and external audits
- be the health and safety lead for the organisation
- organise appropriate health and safety review meetings and briefings
- collate, monitor, analyse, and summarise reporting of group near misses, accidents and RIDDOR incidents
- lead the investigation into non-compliance, accidents, and near misses and produce written reports
- Other general responsibilities
- fire safety
- car and van fleet management insurance for UK vehicles & road plant
- management and coordination of services for offices, workshop, and other properties in the UK
- liaison with outside agencies and ensure that export and import activities comply with legislation
This role has responsibility for the group operations across the UK. The majority of the role will be based in our Gillingham office, there will be a requirement to travel across the UK, including some overnight stays away.
It is essential that you:
- are extremely well organised
- can prioritise effectively
- hold a NEBOSH General / Construction certification
- have experience in external auditing.
It is preferred that you have your CSCS card / certificate and have an awareness of the International Mine Action Standards (IMAS), but this is not an essential requirement.
Its expert services span entire project lifecycles.
Established in 1989, originally under the brand name MINECLEAR, SafeLane Global was one of the first private companies to be involved in mine action in the international arena.
It is committed to equal opportunities for all staff and applications are encouraged regardless of age, sex, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.
If you would like to learn more then please send your application (CV and relevant certificates) to us at email@example.com