Regional QHSE Manager
In our expanding market, we are seeking to appoint a Regional Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental (QHSE) Manager. They will be responsible for maintaining compliance of specific SafeLane Global Business units to HSEQ and VOSA transport requirements and other agreed accreditations as well as supporting the wider SafeLane compliance team.
Maintaining a high profile and driving forward continuous improvement within the area of OHSE.
This role will be based out of our Hamilton location and will required UK wide travel with site visits in all weathers.
Key tasks include:
Develop, maintain and continually improve the compliance management systems, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and internal management, ensuring that they remain not only compliant with latest QHSE regulations and trends, but moves in line with industry developments and remains fit for the future.
To ensure the business units are accredited to all required standards, manage the accreditation process and work with the business to secure necessary standards are maintained and continually improved. Supporting the business with PQQ’s, industry accreditations and customer questions.
To ensure that the group remains compliant with its transport operator’s licences compliance obligations including FORS accreditation.
Quality Control Systems
- Develop, integrate, coordinate, and maintain the IMS system and procedures relevant to the latest ISO standards and to meet industry specific accreditations
- Ensure maintenance of SOPs is carried out.
- Manage the preparation and completion of internal and external quality audits.
- Provide oversight on customer complaints in the UK Land business.
- Ensuring individuals within the organisation are appropriately trained.
- Collate and publish KPIs, establishing improvement targets and objective to measure against.
Health, Safety and Environment
- Develop, integrate, coordinate and maintain the IMS system and procedures relevant to latest ISO standards.
- Manage the preparation and completion of internal and external audits.
- Be the health and safety lead for the organisation.
- Organise appropriate Health and Safety review meetings and briefings.
- Compliance and legislation, the implications for the business and proposed actions.
- Collation, monitoring, analysis and summary reporting of group near misses, accidents and RIDDOR incidents.
- Investigate non-compliance, accidents and near misses and produce written reports.
- Collate and publish KPI’s, establishing improvement targets and objective to measure against.
- Support the development and implementation of group ESG standards and policies.
Essential criteria include:
- Graduate membership of IOSH (Grad IOSH) or equivalent.
- ISO 9001, ISO14001, ISO45001 Systems.
- Internal auditing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Negotiating skills.
- The ability to understand and analyse complex information and present it simply and accurately.
- Attention to detail, an inquisitive mind and a flexible approach to work..
- An interest in the law and the ability to understand regulations.
- NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work Qualification.
- A full UK driving licence.
- Internal Auditing Training.
Desirable criteria include:
- ISO22301 Business Continuity Management, ISO50001 Energy Management Systems.
- Experience in the construction industry, UK military & EOD operations, transport management and laboratory environments.
Role Regional Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental (QHSE) Manager
Location Hamilton, Scotland
Hours Full time 42.5hours per week
Salary Competitive + car
Benefits 25days holiday + bank holidays; hybrid working; continuous training and development; discretionary bonus scheme; medical cash back plan; death in service scheme; financial wellbeing scheme; family friendly and health and wellbeing policies; work life balance company culture; mental health first aiders and many more.
We are SafeLane Global who is trusted to create safer spaces for clients and communities across the world. We detect, identify and mitigate potential threats on land and in water, and provide training and consultancy services to support the activities of governments, corporations and multinational organisations worldwide. Wherever we go, we breathe new life into unsafe environments, and positively transform communities and the lives of those living and working within them.
If you feel like joining an innovative, fast paced and dedicated team who are making a difference, send us your up-to-date CV to email@example.com, we would love to hear from you.
We are committed to equal opportunities for all staff. Applications are encouraged regardless of age, sex, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
If you would like to learn more then please send your application (CV and relevant certificates) to us at firstname.lastname@example.org