Senior IT Support Engineer
Are you a Senior IT Support Engineer wanting to work in a sector that makes a difference? Forget your average job, your role at SafeLane Global will enable our teams to save lives every day. You will support the management of the current helpdesk function and massively expand it to incorporate multiple new business units into one aligned helpdesk function.
WE NEED YOU!
If you’re wanting to make a difference by working for a company that makes a difference – you’ve come to the right place!
You could be our new Senior IT Support Engineer and assume responsibility for assisting with the management of a current helpdesk function – whilst leading on the integration of multiple new business units into one aligned helpdesk.
This role will be based out of our Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire HQ – but you will have the opportunity to travel to all our sites right across the UK (generous travel policy is a given!)
Your daily responsibilities will include:
- Managing the IT helpdesk and supporting staff with technical issues, including troubleshooting and resolving incidents.
- Acting as the line manager for the IT Support Engineer team.
- Becoming our “Solutions Expert” for cloud-based CRM and financial software solutions.
- Configuring, installing, and maintaining end-user software and hardware.
- Supporting and managing all the mobile devices in use by the business.
- Performing preventative maintenance, including checking of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Providing support for our remote sites and our international partners as needed.
- Taking a proactive role in all technical projects, including introducing new technologies into the business.
- Documenting procedures relating to desktop configurations and IT processes.
- Maintaining our centrally managed antivirus software and acting on any notifications fast!
- Maintaining our centrally managed patch management system.
- Maintaining and monitor our backup systems.
- PHEW – we know that sounds like a lot – but we also know the right person for the job will embrace these challenges and bring significant experience and insight to our business to help us advance at pace.
Let’s talk more about you…
You have to have a full UK Driving License (because travel is an essential part of the role and you’ll get to go to all sorts of sites and operations!)
You will be adept at:
- CRM and ERP software solutions
- Microsoft Windows 10 and 11
- Active Directory
- DHCP, DNS and GPO
- Antivirus and MDM
- Server Hardware Maintenance
- Asset Management maintenance
And you will be excellent in these areas too:
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- Work independently in a demanding environment
- Good time management and prioritisation (because there are always times when everyone needs you – but there is only one of you!)
- Ability to document procedures clearly and systematically (so anyone can understand your clever solutions)
- Ability to communicate effectively with members of staff at all levels
- Excellent customer service skills
- Analytical and detail oriented
On your CV you will demonstrate:
- 5 years’ experience (or more) working in an IT Helpdesk environment.
- Experience with back up and disaster recovery solutions
Do you also have knowledge in these areas:
- Knowledge of SQL (or other database technologies)
- Experience of Windows Defender and Endpoint Manager; Azure and M365; Cisco Meraki, Salesforce and Access Dimensions / Sage 200
This is a full time position, you will work 37.5hours per week and enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. The package includes 25days’ holiday + bank holidays; hybrid working; continuous training and development; discretionary bonus scheme; medical cash back plan; death in service scheme; financial wellbeing scheme; family friendly and health and wellbeing policies; work life balance company culture; mental health first aiders and many more.
About your new company – SafeLane Global
SafeLane Global is trusted to create safer spaces for clients and communities across the world. Our expert staff detect, identify and mitigate potential threats on land and in water, and provide training and consultancy services to support the activities of governments, corporations and multinational organisations worldwide. Wherever we go, we breathe new life into unsafe environments, and positively transform communities and the lives of those living and working within them.
But what does that actually entail? Well, in the UK and Germany we look for WWII legacy ordnance. In Yemen, we clear landmines, in Somalia our detection dogs search buildings, people, baggage and vehicles for explosives – and in Western Sahara we ensure communities understand the risk explosive ordnance poses so they can stay safe.
Our global portfolio of projects is hugely diverse and exciting, life saving and meaningful.
If you want to know more – get all over the website!
So, do you feel like joining an innovative, fast paced and dedicated team who are making a difference?
Send us your up-to-date CV to email@example.com, we would love to hear from you.
We are committed to equal opportunities for all staff. Applications are encouraged regardless of age, sex, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
If you would like to learn more then please send your application (CV and relevant certificates) to us at firstname.lastname@example.org