Systems Support Manager
Working with the outsourced IT management service, you will be responsible for the planning, development, monitoring and maintenance of support services, contributing to the strategic development of the company.
You will be responsible for the development, management and maintenance of the hardware and software systems of the business, and for providing on the ground support to business staff with regards to IT requirements.
You will also be the first point of contact for systems administration support in the business.
- System administrator for business systems.
- Acting as on the ground support for IT and technical queries, as requested by the IT helpdesk.
- Main point of contact between the business and the outsourced IT support provider.
- Proactive development of systems to ensure that they are used to their maximum potential.
- Involvement in the rollout of software updates and patches.
- Helping with the investigation of specialist and complex IT support issues.
- Helping with the configuration and management of backup and restore procedures.
- Maintaining a wide range of computer hardware and software programs.
- Installation of new hardware, server backups and evaluation of new software & security risks, as requested by management.
- Management of network administrator based in another office.
- Any other tasks, as directed by your line manager.
Knowledge of ICT support.
Proven IT & resources technical experience.
Knowledge of IT & resources problem solving.
Knowledge and understanding of health & safety in relation to IT and audio visual resources (desirable).
Full working knowledge of relevant policies/codes of practice/legislation (desirable).
Ability to plan, develop and implement systems.
The ability to document procedures clearly and systematically (desirable).
Excellent verbal and written communication skills across all levels.
Attention to detail and good analytical skills
Ability to build effective working relationships at all levels.
Ability to work effectively under pressure
Ability to work as part of a team whilst retaining confidentiality.
Excellent IT skills to include Word, Outlook and Excel.
Management of employees (desirable)
Demonstrable understanding, and knowledge of managing ICT support services and technologies.
Experience liaising with suppliers and contractors (desirable).
Windows Server, Windows, Android and IOS devices management and configuration.
Experience managing and configuring company MIS systems.
English and mathematics GCSE or equivalent.
Recognised IT professional or vocational qualification (desirable).
If you would like to learn more then please send your application (CV and relevant certificates) to us at firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com