We are seeking to appoint a Tendering Manager to take overall responsibility for specific pre-qualifications and tenders.
Role: Tendering Manager
Location: Remote working (office located in Gillingham Kent)
Hours: Full time 37.5
Benefits: 25days’ holiday + bank holidays, continuous development, 6months probationary period, auto enrolment pension scheme, discretionary bonus scheme, medical cash back plan and Death in Service scheme
About our opportunity
In our expanding market, we are seeking to appoint a Tendering Manager to take overall responsibility for specific pre-qualifications and tenders, to ensure that they are in accordance with the client requirement/expectations and company strategy to secure a successful outcome.
A summary of duties includes:
- Manage the tender team and delegate responsibilities for tender input within the organisation.
- Ensure that cost estimates, risk evaluation, subcontracting and contract reviews are prepared in accordance with company procedures.
- Ensure that technical, commercial, and contractual offerings are sound and in accordance with our procedure as well as reflecting the risk level of the tendered project.
- Identify differentiators, winning criteria and promote “outside the box” thinking to enhance chance of winning the work. Liaise closely with technical team on these aspects.
- Provide recommendation based on strategy, pricing level, risk and present same to representatives of senior management in tender board.
- Maintain regular communication with clients through the tender process to ensure their requirements are being delivered and their expectations are met.
- Participate in clarification meetings and contract negotiations with customers.
- Conduct handover with project team and follow up/support during project execution to ensure feedback/LL and develop opportunities that may arise during project execution.
- Liaise with the company’s sales/marketing and business development department.
- Attend industry and networking events.
- Ability to work proactively in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment.
- Good negotiation and communication skills.
- Self-motivated – yes “can do” attitude.
- Efficient and well organised
- Excellent management and motivational skills.
- Enthusiastic team worker.
- Commercial and contractual mindset
It is essential that you display a thorough understanding of marine industry services & practices; excellent MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); high levels of accuracy and an analytical mindset; 3-5 years’ experience in Tender/Project/Contract Management in the UXO, oil and gas, subsea or other related industry; and bid writing reports, contracts, work instructions (SSIs & TBBs) and/or proposals experience.
It is preferred that you have an understanding of geophysical survey techniques and methods, knowledge of the UXO market; a formal Project Management Qualification, a H&S qualification (NEBOSH) and a bachelor/master’s degree in relevant engineering/management discipline, or similar.
We are part of SafeLane Global who is trusted to create safer spaces for clients and communities across the world. We detect, identify and mitigate potential threats on land and in water, and provide training and consultancy services to support the activities of governments, corporations and multinational organisations worldwide. Wherever we go, we breathe new life into unsafe environments, and positively transform communities and the lives of those living and working within them.
If you feel like joining an innovative, fast paced and dedicated team who are making a difference, send us your up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, we would love to hear from you.
We are committed to equal opportunities for all staff. Applications are encouraged regardless of age, sex, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
If you would like to learn more then please send your application (CV and relevant certificates) to us at email@example.com