UXO Project Manager
We are seeking to appoint a UXO Project Manager to oversee the successful delivery of all operations, upon contract award.
Role: UXO Project Manager
Location: Remote working (office located in Gillingham Kent)
Hours: Full time 37.5
Benefits: 25days’ holiday + bank holidays, continuous development, 6months probationary period, auto enrolment pension scheme, discretionary bonus scheme, medical cash back plan and Death in Service scheme
About our opportunity
In our expanding market, we are seeking to appoint a UXO Project Manager to oversee the successful delivery of all operations, upon contract award.
A summary of duties includes:
- Assisting with the quotation process
– Identifying the client requirements, scope of work (from client provided documentation).
– Providing technical input for quotations & formal proposals.
– Providing asset requirements & costs.
– Interpreting customer requirements and identifying technical. Requirements and solutions.
– Representing SafeLane Global during the quotation process (as required).
– Assisting with contract negotiations with customers (as required).
– Providing consultancy services, which may include the provision of documentation, discussions with governments, national authorities, and international authorities.
- Managing contracts
– Carrying out contract reviews identifying potential issues (commercial, technical & compliance).
– Ensuring adherence to contract requirements within the contractual requirements and budgets.
– Ensuring information is stored in line with company’s principles
- Planning of projects
– Identifying resources and assets
– Identifying and allocating suitably competent managers & operators including overall project manning
– Selecting, negotiating and purchasing equipment for projects in accordance with the company’s internal policies.
– Hiring casual workers/freelance personnel for projects.
– Leading project pre-start meetings, as required.
- Managing projects
– Ensuring the provision of all client required project documentation.
– Ensuring preparation of operational documentation.
– Providing technical support and direction to all deployed managers and site operatives (and/or ensuring technical support is provided)
– Ensuring quality & assurance control measures are in place and are carried out throughout the duration of a project (this may include site audits, data reviews and the implementation of corrective actions and procedures)
– Ensuring compliance to all Health, Safety and Environmental matters for projects
– Ensuring the upkeep of equipment and resources throughout the duration of a project (including handling of defect reports as required)
– Representing the company with the clients and acting as the primary contact throughout the duration of the project
– Reviewing & approving invoices of suppliers (within given authority levels).
– Preparing monthly project review together with finance and ensuring project progress and profitability is reflected in monthly financials
- Support writing of reports & documentation
– Writing or overseeing all project related reports (e.g. letter reports, survey reports, etc.)
– Ensuring information is available in good time to allow invoicing to be carried out on time & with a high degree of accuracy.
– Providing cover in absence of senior members of the department (including Director (Marine).
– Assisting in preparing sales forecasts
It is essential that you display a thorough understanding of marine industry services & practices, have knowledge of commercial EOD services within land & marine operations; display excellent MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); work with a high level of accuracy; have 5 years’ successful project management experience (preferable including budget/control responsibility) within the marine industry; are able to manage/oversee multiple live projects; can implement project plans and have experience writing reports, contracts, work instructions (SSIs & TBBs) and/or proposals.
It is preferred that you have an understanding of geophysical survey techniques and methods; knowledge of commercial diving operations; purchase budget experience; formal EOD Qualifications; a formal Project Management Qualification and a Health & Safety certificate (NEBOSH or higher).
We are part of SafeLane Global who is trusted to create safer spaces for clients and communities across the world. We detect, identify and mitigate potential threats on land and in water, and provide training and consultancy services to support the activities of governments, corporations and multinational organisations worldwide. Wherever we go, we breathe new life into unsafe environments, and positively transform communities and the lives of those living and working within them.
If you feel like joining an innovative, fast paced and dedicated team who are making a difference, send us your up-to-date CV to email@example.com, we would love to hear from you.
We are committed to equal opportunities for all staff. Applications are encouraged regardless of age, sex, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
If you would like to learn more then please send your application (CV and relevant certificates) to us at firstname.lastname@example.org