AAT Trainee Accountant
An AAT Trainee Accountant opportunity has arisen to support the Financial Controller with transaction processing and review, data management and presentation, project management and control.
You will be based at our Ross-on-Wye Hereford location and will be required to travel to other office locations throughout the UK. You will train and develop the skills necessary to become an accountant.
Responsibilities and activities:
- Processing of purchase & sales ledger transactions.
- Review and management of purchase & sales ledger accounts.
- Preparation and execution of payment runs.
- Chasing of outstanding debt.
- Preparation of information related to the periodic reporting of projects including:
- Review and posting of project cashbooks.
- Review of purchase ledger invoices.
- Creation and posting of adjustment journals.
- Providing Financial Support as part of a team in the creation of project bids;
- Confirming financial accuracy,
- Providing Financial scenarios,
- Completing a range of simple to complex pricing tables.
- Support for management of Project expenditure and cash management.
- Support for the completion of the monthly funding cycle including reconciliation of field floats and communication to overseas bank accounts
- Ad hoc analysis of project scenarios.
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts including project assets.
- Support for the execution of the monthly contractors payroll.
- Assisting with project forecasting and planning.
- Continuous development and improvements on the financial processes in order to support all above activities.
- Creation of control spreadsheets and reconciliations to support operations project analysis.
- Ad hoc tasks to support Finance and Operations.
- Support of the year end and audit processes.
Knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Numeracy to a high level.
- Strong interpersonal skills with all levels.
- Working as a team and independently.
- A-Level – Maths.
- GCSE – high level Maths and English.
- Structure and function of a limited company.
- Double entry book keeping.
- Analysis and evaluation of financial information.
- Excel skills, including vlookups & pivot tables.
- Wider commercial and business awareness.
- Working in an office environment.
- Working to deadlines.
Role AAT Trainee Accountant
Location Ross-on-Wye Hereford
Hours Full time 37.5
Salary Apprenticeship rate with learning and development provided
Benefits 25days holiday + bank holidays; hybrid working; continuous training and development; discretionary bonus scheme; medical cash back plan; death in service scheme; financial wellbeing scheme; family friendly and health and wellbeing policies; work life balance company culture; mental health first aiders and many more.
About SafeLane Global
We are SafeLane Global who is trusted to create safer spaces for clients and communities across the world. We detect, identify and mitigate potential threats on land and in water, and provide training and consultancy services to support the activities of governments, corporations and multinational organisations worldwide. Wherever we go, we breathe new life into unsafe environments, and positively transform communities and the lives of those living and working within them.
We take pride in offering a dedicated and flexible approach such that we deliver on our client’s needs and aspirations, and this is underpinned by recruitment, development, and retention of a locally based workforce.
If you feel like joining an innovative, fast paced and dedicated team who are making a difference, send us your up-to-date CV to email@example.com, we would love to hear from you.
We are committed to equal opportunities for all staff. Applications are encouraged regardless of age, sex, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Role:AAT Trainee Accountant