Explosive detection dog trainer
SafeLane recruits explosive detection dog (EDD) trainers to deploy internationally. You can read more about the type of role sometimes available here.
As a company SafeLane is responsible for detecting, identifying and mitigating potential threats within both the mine canine and mine action industry.
SafeLane works to support the activities of governments, corporations and multinational organisations worldwide.
SafeLane has vast experience running canine projects involving patrol, explosive and narcotic detection dogs (EDD/NDD) at various locations in support of a variety of clients.
It sometimes recruits for canine professionals to support international canine operations, and its manpower team would be delighted to hear if you would like to learn more.
Explosive Detection Dog (EDD) Trainer:
SafeLane recruits for EDD trainers to deploy internationally.
As an EDD trainer, you will be responsible for the training of SafeLane’s explosive detection dogs and handlers.
By providing key EDD training, you will be in charge of ensuring that handlers and their canines pass accreditation and are able to perform EDD duties safely and in accordance with standard operating procedures. You will report directly to the project manager regarding any operational or personnel issues.
Other duties will include:
- Providing EDD technical advice and guidance to field staff.
- Providing EDD training to maintain and developing EDD performance.
- Ensuring all training activities are regularly monitored and evaluated.
- Ensure the implementation of effective dog training programs in line with SafeLane standard operating procedures.
- Ensuring staff are carrying out EDD and other duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Accurate and detailed reporting of all training to the project manager.
- Ensure all handlers complete on a daily basis a physical check of each EDD and maintain a high standard of healthcare.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- EDD certified.
- Experience in conducting EDD training with both dogs and handlers.
- Leadership experience.
Please note - SafeLane is not actively recruiting for these roles currently. However, if you would like your details added to our database the team will contact you when these opportunities arise.
Apply with CV and certs to email@example.com
Location:HQ Ross-on-Wye, operational globally
Role:Explosive detection dog trainer