As a leading commercial actor in the mine action community, SafeLane has been helping to return previously contaminated lands back to safe and productive use for local communities for over 30 years.
Simultaneously, it also prevents dangerous materials from falling into the hands of terrorist and anti-government organisations.
Because of its unique and up-to-date operational experience in the world's most complex conflict zones, SafeLane is a responsive and effective provider of improvised explosive device defeat (IEDD) tactics and training solutions.
Through its activities SafeLane Global supports and advances the five humanitarian principles of mine action:
1) Clearance: SafeLane removes and destroys landmines, explosive remnants of war and IEDs and marks and securely fences-off contaminated areas.
2) Education: SafeLane helps communities understand and avoid the risks they face from explosive threats by delivering accessible and appropriate education events.
3) Victim assistance: As acutely evidenced by its response to the Safari Hotel vehicle borne IED attack, SafeLane’s staff rapidly respond to any incident, and its trainers ensure all deployed staff receive battlefield emergency first aid (BEFA) and combat trauma care (CTC) training.
4) Advocacy: SafeLane’s leadership team actively promotes policies and practices that will reduce the threat from landmines and ERW, and take every opportunity to advocate for a world free from explosive threats.
5) Stockpile destruction: SafeLane is actively engaged in the disposal of multiple countries’ stockpiles of ordnance, and has destroyed millions of tonnes of explosive remnants of war in nations including South Sudan and the Falkland Islands.
Landmine free Falkland Islands
SafeLane Global continues to work with the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office, the Ministry of Defence and the people of the Falkland Islands to clear the Islands of landmines.Read more
Mine action operations in Western Sahara
SafeLane Global was contracted to provide mine action survey, mechanical, explosive ordnance disposal and rapid response capacities east of the Berm in Western Sahara.Read more
Project Masam landmine clearance in Yemen
SafeLane Global is providing landmine, unexploded ordnance (UXO) and improvised explosive device (IED) technical advice and support in support of Project Masam in Yemen.Read more