SafeLane Global Welcomes New CEO
Highly experienced and distinguished former British Army Officer Tim Illingworth is taking the reins; current CEO Rob Hunter will step across to exclusively lead Igne, ensuring both companies are aligned for success
- In line with our group strategy to position our businesses for further future success, we rebranded SafeLane Global’s UK operations as Igne in early October. To drive focused growth in each of our businesses, SafeLane Global’s international business welcomes a new CEO
- Highly experienced and distinguished former British Army Officer Tim Illingworth is taking the reins
- Current CEO Rob Hunter will step across to exclusively lead Igne, ensuring both companies are aligned for success
- Following strategic acquisitions in the UK between 2019 and 2022, SafeLane’s UK operations grew significantly and evolved into a new brand, Igne. This realignment ensures both Igne and SafeLane Global are best positioned for success in their respective markets.
New CEO Tim Illingworth will take the reins from the 1st November 2023, and brings with him a wealth of experience following an extremely distinguished and relevant career to date, including over 23 years of operating, building and running businesses and living in some of the world’s most remote, complex and hazardous environments. Most recently, Tim was the Commercial Director of Iqarus, a company that delivers medical care in the same complex environments in which SafeLane’s international business also operates. Before joining Iqarus, Tim worked within the high-risk arm of global security company GardaWorld, ran a number of companies within the extractive industry in West Africa, and served as an officer in the British Army, where he was awarded the Conspicuous Gallantry Cross in recognition of his services while operating alongside local forces in Afghanistan.
SafeLane’s incumbent CEO Rob Hunter, who has been with the company for over seven years, will ensure a seamless handover before stepping across from the international business to exclusively lead Igne.
Discussing the latest step in the evolution of SafeLane Global, Igne’s CEO Rob Hunter explains:
“In recent years, the group businesses have each grown significantly. We have been working strategically to separate the businesses and allow their individual growth opportunities to be realised, without disrupting any ongoing contracts or business relationships. We are now ready for SafeLane and Igne to follow their own paths, and that means a full handover to the calibre of leader that Tim embodies. For me, I am thrilled to be passing the baton with SafeLane in such a robust position and am fully confident in Tim’s skills to continue steering the company on its success trajectory. Together with the outstanding team we have built, I am invigorated by Igne’s opportunities to become the service provider of choice for Britain’s construction and infrastructure sectors.”
Tim Illingworth, newly appointed CEO of SafeLane Global’s international business, added:
“In spite of significant progress over the past two decades with the removal of explosive remnants of war, landmines and cluster munitions, the world is continuing to see instability and conflict in areas where the communities and governments are least well equipped to cope with the lasting effects of the use of explosive weaponry. SafeLane Global is among the most respected names in the field of explosive threat mitigation, working alongside governments, NGOs, companies and communities in these environments and I couldn’t be happier to be joining such a capable and experienced team at what is an important point in the company’s history. With current projects ongoing in countries such as Yemen and Somalia and a real requirement for SafeLane Global’s services in Ukraine and across the Middle East, this is an unrivalled opportunity for me to help shape the future success of the business while working with what is already an exceptional team.”
For more information, contact Head of Marketing and Communications Rhiannon Davies
About Igne: Igne offers site investigation, testing, unexploded ordnance, water well, geothermal, and geo-environmental services for the construction, infrastructure, and energy industries. Its team of chartered professionals, experienced engineers and skilled scientists utilise specialist plant and equipment, have nationwide reach, and can support the entire lifecycle of any project.
About SafeLane Global: SafeLane Global is an expert in unexploded ordnance risk mitigation on land and in every marine environment – offshore, inshore, and nearshore. It operates worldwide from strategically located offices and has been providing unexploded ordnance (UXO) survey and clearance, landmine clearance and remediation from explosive remnants of war since 1989; to date SafeLane has completed operations in over 60 nations including live conflict zones.
About the brand realignment: Igne was formed from the consolidation of six core businesses and launched on 2nd October 2023. The six businesses that merged were:
· SafeLane Global’s UK-based unexploded ordnance business in Gillingham, with a rich history of providing exceptional UXO management services
· WB and AD Morgan, who are recognised for their expertise in water well, geothermal and complex drilling services
· Raeburn Drilling and Geotechnical, including Raeburn Drilling Northern, with its strong track record in site investigation
· Terra Tek, one of the largest providers of in-situ and laboratory testing services in the UK
· Allied Exploration & Geotechnics, specialists in ground investigation
· DTS Raeburn, boasting extensive experience in geo-environmental services