SafeLane Global's Marine Department continues to expand its innovative team. This time, the team is seeking to recruit a Geophysicist who will have exciting opportunities to work both onshore and offshore. Read more and apply below!
SafeLane Global: your potential new employer
SafeLane Global creates safer spaces for clients and communities across the world. It detects, identifies, and mitigates potential threats on land and in water. SafeLane also provides training and consultancy services to support the activities of governments, corporations, humanitarian clients, and multinational organisations worldwide. Wherever SafeLane goes, it breathes new life into unsafe environments, and positively transforms communities and the lives of those living and working within them.
An opportunity has arisen within SafeLane’s marine services team! Join the team as a Geophysicist and become responsible for processing geophysical data on a wide variety of projects, leading processing teams in the field and working with the Project Geophysicist to deliver industry-leading data to SafeLane’s clients. You will work in a range of markets (including renewables, UXO, and pipeline inspection), and process different geophysical data types.
You will be based remotely but will be required to travel to SafeLane’s offices which are located across the UK. You will be required to work outdoors in all weathers and away from home.
Responsibilities and activities:
- Processing, interpreting and reporting of geophysical data, including sub-bottom profiler, side scan sonar and magnetometer;
- Leading processing teams to deliver high data quality at all phases throughout project lifecycles, including acquisition, processing, interpretation, reporting and deliverables;
- Leading and assisting with vessel mobilisations and demobilisations when required.
- Undertaking offshore survey operations, including offshore processing, assisting with back-deck operations, undertaking coverage checks, and creating infill line plans.
- Training, coaching, and mentoring other members of the team.
You will be required to work offshore for periods of up to 4 weeks, both nationally and internationally. It is a requirement for you to hold a full driver licence and pass an offshore medical assessment.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Strong technical understanding of geophysical data sets including sub-bottom profiler, side scan sonar and magnetometer.
- Marine geophysical survey techniques, in relation to both data acquisition and processing.
- Excellent attention with a critical eye for data review and QC.
- Confident managing others, leading a team and interacting with clients.
- Dynamic and ambitious with the ambition to develop new skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients.
- Confidence working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- High attention to detail, quality and safety.
- Oasis Montaj, SonarWiz, RadExPro, Kingdom Suite.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Geophysics (or a closely related subject).
- Experience and knowledge of UXO surveys.
- Prior management, leadership, coaching, and mentoring experience.
- Offshore/practical experience in oil and gas, ocean science, renewables and/or survey industries.
Role: Geophysicist (Marine)
Hours: Full time 37.5
Benefits: 25days holiday + bank holidays; continuous training and development; discretionary bonus scheme; medical cash back plan; death in service scheme; financial wellbeing scheme; family friendly and health and wellbeing policies; work life balance company culture; mental health first aiders and many more.
If you feel like joining an innovative, fast paced and dedicated team who are making a difference, send us your up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, we would love to hear from you.
We are committed to equal opportunities for all staff. Applications are encouraged regardless of age, sex, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
If you would like to learn more then please send your application (CV and relevant certificates) to us at email@example.com