Survey Tender Engineer (Marine)
SafeLane Global is seeking to recruit a Survey Tender Engineer (Marine) to work remotely - composing tender documents, supporting Project Managers, liaising with clients and more...
We are SafeLane Global who is trusted to create safer spaces for clients and communities across the world. We detect, identify and mitigate potential threats on land and in water, and provide training and consultancy services to support the activities of governments, corporations and multinational organisations worldwide. Wherever we go, we breathe new life into unsafe environments, and positively transform communities and the lives of those living and working within them.
We take pride in offering a dedicated and flexible approach such that we deliver on our client’s needs and aspirations, and this is underpinned by recruitment, development, and retention of a locally based workforce.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our International Marine team as a full time Survey Tender Engineer. This role is client focused and you will help build strong and positive relationships with our clients through high quality and timely tender responses.
The Survey Tender Engineer will report directly to the Project Manager and will be responsible for reviewing tender opportunities, compiling tender responses, cost estimating, commercial administrative support and contributing directly to the continued commercial growth and development of SafeLane Surveys.
You will be based remotely with a requirement to travel UK wide and visit our office locations across the UK. You will be required to work offshore for periods of up to 4 weeks, both nationally and internationally. It is a requirement for you to hold a full driver licence and pass an offshore medical assessment.
Responsibilities and Activities:
- Composing technical tender documents.
- Helping with Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQ).
- Liaising with clients to understand their technical and commercial tender specifications.
- Maintaining strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to support SafeLane’s tendering activity.
- Support the Project Manager with day-to-day organisation of commercial tendering activities, company management forms, company databases and management reports.
- Provide industry intelligence from the tender process to inform commercial decision-making and company strategy.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Relevant industry experience (marine survey, offshore, offshore wind or subsea cables) in a similar role.
- Relevant degree within hydrography, geophysics, marine science, oceanography,
- environmental field.
- Surveyor/Geophysicist/Oceanographer looking for a transition to tendering/commercial role.
- Experience in tender proposals and cost estimating.
- Have a can-do attitude, while able to build strong working relationships between multi-disciplined functions and varied client base.
- Have a focused and pragmatic approach, relishing the pressure of deadlines and willing to take ownership of tasks and make decisions.
- Strong attention to detail, be well organised and confidence working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Good verbal and written English language skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients.
- High attention to detail, quality and safety.
Role Survey Tender Engineer (Marine)
Hours Full time 37.5
Salary Up to £50,000 negotiable
Benefits 25days holiday + bank holidays; continuous training and development; discretionary bonus scheme; medical cash back plan; death in service scheme; financial wellbeing scheme; family friendly and health and wellbeing policies; work life balance company culture; mental health first aiders and many more.
If you feel like joining an innovative, fast paced and dedicated team who are making a difference, send us your up-to-date CV to email@example.com, we would love to hear from you.
We are committed to equal opportunities for all staff. Applications are encouraged regardless of age, sex, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.
If you would like to learn more then please send your application (CV and relevant certificates) to us at firstname.lastname@example.org